Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 2 at Camp

I finally have some time to write a new post. I'll just go over what happened in Week 2 of camp...I can't believe I'm only 6 days away from meeting my host family! But I'll be really sad to leave everyone.

So the week started off with a game. The game has lasted all week. It reminds me of the Hunger Games, actually. Basically, if you are alone with a person (like, no one there to see it or anything), you can kill them by showing them your toothbrush, if both of you are still alive. If there is anyone else even in the area, even 50 feet down the hallway, it's not considered valid. So the whole week there have been a bunch of crazy Americans, teamers and teachers running around with toothbrushes, trying to get people alone (most travel in packs) to kill them. In the common area we have a whole list of "who was killed/when/where/by whom/last words." Also, the whole week we have randomly heard yelling, screaming, shouting, and a whole lot of profanity...along with some hilariously witty last words. I'll take a picture of the list so everyone can read it. It's been a very entertaining week. I got killed on the third day while trying to unlock my door to get into my room. The conversation went like this:
Alyson: "Hey Emily, are you dead yet?"
Me (thinking she was dead): "No"
Alyson: "You are now. Hahahahaha"
Me: *start yelling* UGH! I HATE YOU! *continue yelling*
*Followed by me storming down to write my name and all the info down while Alyson walked away giggling. Only after I wrote it down did I storm back to my room to finish unlocking the door and go inside.*

Yup.

So the rest of the week was more school, seminars, and activities. Tuesday night for workshops I got to bake cheesecake, my favorite. It was absolutely delicious. We also ended up having a mini dance party while baking. It was great because Zoe and I were working on the same cake and I swear we were such "great bakers think alike" that we sent each other telepathic messages and would start doing the exact same thing at the same time. Later on Sven joined us upstairs in the kitchen. The next day for lunch we ate the cheesecake. Yummmm.

The first few days I was feeling a bit sick, but by Thursday it got a lot better. It happens. We watched another movie on Friday for class. Only a few of us could understand it, though, because the English subtitles weren't working properly. Oh well. I thought it was a great movie.

I also spent time editing and posting pictures on Facebook. There's a new album up now.

Friday night we went to the Altstadtfest in Bad Laasphe. It was pretty fun but we ended up going to the Wittgensteiner Hof to watch the Bremen vs. Dortmund game instead. Almost the entire group was there. Our table was constantly rotating people, although a few of us (Kevin, me, Sven, Linda) stayed pretty much the whole time. There was a creepy old Chilean man who kept serenading me and trying to buy me beer because I could speak Spanish. I ignored it because it was weird. At the end of the night the guy was so drunk he heiled Hitler. At that point we decided to leave. It was incredibly disrespectful. I couldn't believe that had just happened.

On Saturday we spent most of the day doing the Schnitzeljagd with our teams. It was alright but very tiring. After dinner, we went back down to Bad Laasphe. I bought some shampoo and chocolate at REWE and a few people bought some beer and a loaf of bread...ein bisschen komisch, nicht? We again went to the Wittgensteiner Hof, where we, of course, bumped into a bunch of our group. We sat down at a different table but when some of them left and Sven and Jonas came in, we joined that table. After a while we also left to go see the fireworks. Alyson, Caroline, and I huddled under Sven's umbrella because it started to rain pretty hard. The fireworks were nice, but nothing spectacular. After the fireworks were over we hailed a cab and went back to the Schloss. Then I took a shower and went to bed.

So that's been my week in a nutshell. It's had its ups and downs but overall it was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment