Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cravings from home

The last few days have been uneventful and not worth writing about except for a couple of noteworthy points.

On Sunday, Rebecca got home from visiting her boyfriend. On Monday I went to the doctor and finally got the diagnosis of bronchitis (which I had suspected it was...). I got three antibiotic pills to take once a day for three days. They cost a lot but seem to be working. However my host mother suggested I stay home from school for the week (school started today btw) since we only have three days, to recover and not wear myself out too much. On Tuesday (yesterday) Anne left to go back to Halle for college, but we'll see her again soon because her birthday is in less than three weeks. Also yesterday I watched HP and the Philosopher's Stone and today (AKA right now) I'm watching HP and the Chamber of Secrets. Harry Potter makes me happy. If you know me, you should know that by now ;)

I have also started to compile a list of things I'm craving from back home (US Sushi, any Japanese food in general, Cookout, Salsaritas and any Mexican food in general, Greek food, East Coast Wings, southern fried chicken, creamed corn, baked beans.....you get the idea). Basically, I love German and Turkish food, but after a while I need some variation. I also miss Rice Crispies, Cheerios, and Revlon. And the sun. And the heat. And my flower dress and maxi skirts (mom, dad, if you're reading this, you know what to send me as soon as spring approaches). Although maxi skirts aren't a big trend here, I've decided I don't care and I'm going to start the trend if I have to, but they are too cute and comfy NOT to wear in the spring/summer. So take that. Hah. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment