Thursday, January 2, 2014


I'm sorry I haven't updated the past few days, I've just had a lot going on.
On the 28th and 29th I was working on finishing up those lovely college applications/Common App Writing Supplement essays...I also had practice on the 29th and on the very last vault of the day I jumped off weird from the springboard and hurt my foot. I'm not sure if I hurt the bone or muscle or tendons or what but I am walking with a limp and it hurts (although it's been better the last couple of days, but that's probably because I've been laying sick in bed and on the couch).
So on the 30th I did more college app stuff....and later I went with Anne to her friend's birthday party at their house. It was pretty chill and I got to meet a few new people as well as people I had met on Christmas Eve. We ended up going home around 12:30 PM and sleeping in.
On the 31st I didn't do much during the day except go shopping for stuff to bring to the NYE party at my friends' house. Around 7 PM I hopped on my bike and headed over...It was really fun! At 11:55 PM we headed out into the cold to count down to the new year. 2014 came and we set off fireworks and it was great. After that we went into the city, where we met up with the guys and walked around and blahblahblah. The night ended up going south when it started raining and my foot began hurting. But I stuck around anyway. Around 3 AM I finally got home, made myself some tea and tried to warm up. I then hopped into bed, texted a couple of friends, and finally went to sleep around 4:30 AM.
Yesterday I did nothing. I was sick. I layed on the couch and drank tea and watched Youtube videos on my laptop. I'm a Youtube addict, so watching videos of all the people I'm subscribed to is very therapeutic and relaxing for me. It always lifts my mood and is the perfect pastime for when I'm not feeling so good. Around 8:30 PM I skyped with the family for an hour and after that I went to sleep.
Today I woke up around 10 AM but didn't have any motivation to get up because I'm still super sick. My host family ended up bringing some more medicine home and just got back (it's 2:10 PM) from shopping in Holland. They let me sleep because they knew I wouldn't be up for it. Around 12 PM I finally got up and brought my laptop and tissues downstairs...I am now drinking tea, writing this blogpost, and watching Youtube videos (because they're awesome)...I just took some medicine so hopefully it will kick in in a little while. Later today I'm supposed to go to the city hall to verify that I now live in Vreden and not Südlohn. I'm not in the mood. I could also really go for one of my mom's backrubs because all of my muscles ache since I'm sick. Blah.

Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment